The IMCE File Browser is used in the KU CMS - Sunflower is used to manage, upload and place images, PDFs and other documents.
By default, there are three folders: Documents, Files and Images. Additional folders can be created as needed.
Access the IMCE File Browser
- Hover over Content to reveal flyout menu
- Select IMCE File Browser from flyout menu
From Within a Section
- From an image upload field within a section, select the Open File Browser link above the image upload field.
The menu options available in the IMCE File Browser are different from the previous version. The menu options in the IMCE File Browser menu are:
- New Folder
Refresh a Selected Folder
- Select the Refresh icon
Create a New Folder
- Select the New folder icon
- Name the folder
Upload an Image, File or Document/PDF
- Select the folder you wish to use
- Select the upload icon
- Select Add file
- Navigate to the item on your computer
Delete an Image, File or Document/PDF:
- Navigation to and select what you wish to delete
- Select the Delete icon
Images Uploaded in Sections
Images uploaded through an Image field in Sections are stored in folders by year. Images uploaded via Sections are automatically cropped and sized by the Drupal Image Styles, so you will find multiple files per upload.
Inserting Images in Body Content
In KU CMS – Sunflower images are no longer inserted into body content via the WYSIWYG images button and the IMCE File Browser. See Body 1 – General Content for instructions on adding images via Image – Body 1.