In the KU CMS - Sunflower there is no content type or section for tabs, however tabs are available as a section in Body 1 - General Content via Tabs - Body 1. Body 1 - General Content with Tabs - Body 1 is available on all Cloneable Templates and Content Types.
See the documentation in Sections for detailed instructions by section.
- ARIA accessibility has been built into tabs in the KU CMS - Sunflower
Guidelines and Best Practices
- Tabs are a way to present related information on a page in a compact way.
- The number of tabs and the length of the tab names should not exceed the horizontal space.
- Logically chunk the content behind the tabs so users can easily predict what they'll find when they select a given tab.
- Use tabs only when users don't need to see content from multiple tabs simultaneously.
- If people do need to compare the info behind different tabs, then having to switch back and forth puts an added burden on their short-term memory, and lowers usability compared to a design that puts everything on one big page.
- Use tabs to alternate between views within the same context, not to navigate to different areas.
- Write short, concise tab labels that indicate what is contained in the tab.