After Site Launch
Here are some things to be aware of now that your site is live:
VPN Access Required to Log In When Off Campus - You must be on campus or logged into KU's VPN service to access all KU CMS Sunflower sites.
Your Drupal 7 Site Has Been Temporarily Archived
- Your previous Drupal 7 site has been temporarily archived for reference.
- Your archived site can only be seen by site administrators, editors and contributors when logged in. The site cannot be viewed publicly or found by search engines (e.g., Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.).
- See the email notification you received from KU IT Services when your site went live for the URL to your archived Drupal 7 site.
- Your archived Drupal 7 site will be available online for the next six months.
- After six months, your site will no longer be available online, but will continue to be available for a further six months as data in a compressed file.
- After one year, site owners will have the option to retain the archived site as a compressed file or it will be deleted permanently.
Search Results Will Be Inaccurate for 3 - 5 Days - It will take three to five days for Google to index your new site and your site's "Search" feature to begin returning accurate search results. In the interim, if your new site and old site share the same URL, your search will return results from your previous Drupal 7 site since that site was previously indexed by Google. Unfortunately, this aspect of the site migration process cannot be avoided.
- Critical Issues – If you are experiencing a critical issue with your live website, please contact the IT Customer Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-8080.
- General Help/Development - For assistance with general site help, including site migration, custom development, and user experience, contact KU Web Services at email@example.com or 785-864-6415.
- Using Google Analytics - For assistance with reports, dashboards, tag manager and campaigns, contact KU Marketing & Communications Google Analytics Help at firstname.lastname@example.org