New CMS Sites
The process for new CMS Sites:
- If you are new to the CMS attend CMS Basics, and if you are a site administrator also attend the CMS Admin & 2017 Brand Update training sessions. See the training calendar for date and time information.
- Request a new CMS account (website)
- If you want to use the 2012 KU Brand: Select a CMS header image for your site or create your own using the Photoshop template provided.
- If you want to use the 2017 KU Brand: Submit a request to have it enabled for your site.
- Build your site.
- When you are ready to publish your site, fill out the Request for CMS approval form.
- Be sure to submit your CMS approval form at least 30 days before you would like to launch the site.
- Your site will then be reviewed before it is approved to launch. The site review may consist of some required changes and some suggested changes to help improve the user experience of your site.
- After you have completed the required changes the reviewer will request your site be launched. It usually takes a couple of days for the site to become live.