Site & Template Settings
Site and Template settings is where you:
- Pick the template you wish to use: the 3-Column or 4-Column
- Set the site title and subtitle
- Set the color of the site title and subtitle — only needed with the 2012 KU Brand
- Upload a header image — only needed with the 2012 KU Brand
- Add Contact info to the KU Unit Footer
- Add content for the right side of the KU Unit Footer
- Set up a News Footer — for use on News headline pages
- Auto-hide the left navigation area — effects pages with no left navigation using the 3-Column template
- Enable Faculty Pro — for use with Person Profiles
NOTE: You must have Administrator rights to configure Site & Template settings
To setup the overall look an feel of your site, the first step is to configure your site & template settings.
- Click Configuration in the black admin toolbar, then click 1. Site & Template Settings
- Complete the form that is presented to you
- Template type — Choose between Template 1 (3-Column Layout) and Template 2 (4-Column Layout) — the difference is how the KU Sidebar is presented
- Site title — The site title appears in your page's title (what shows up in bookmarks and Google searches), as well as in your top banner area
- Subtitle — Subtitles are optional and appear below your site title. HTML code is allowed in this field.
- Title & Subtitle Color — Only needed if using the 2012 KU Brand — IMPORTANT: Be sure the color is readable on your header image at all sizes, including on mobile devices
- Background Images — Only needed if using the 2012 KU Brand. Background images are what appear behind your title in the top banner area.
- Contact Page — Populates the link in the KU Unit Footer to the Contact page. NOTE: If your Contact page uses a Title other than Contact you must change the default name in this field. For example if your Contact page Title is Contact Us you will need to change this field to contact-us.
- Address, Phone, Email, and Bus routes — These field are all optional but recommended. The information will appear in the KU Unit Footer below the contact link.
- Footer Column 2 — Any content in this filed will appear on the right half of the KU Unit Footer
- Auto-hide the left navigation area — If you use the 3-Column Layout you have the option to hide the left navigation area allowing the content will stretch the full width
- Enable Faculty Pro — The checkbox enables data from Faculty Pro to import into Person Profiles
- Click Save Configuration