The University of Kansas-Lawrence campus content management system is jointly governed by Information Technology and the Office of Public Affairs.
Public Affairs is responsible for:
- Templates: The design and approval of page templates, including navigation structure, branding, font and color selection, and content for the KU Navigator and footers.
- Modules: The design and content for required and optional modules for page templates.
- Photography: The creation of a gallery of optimized, current images for units to use in creating their pages within the CMS. The images will be made available for use in page headers and rotating galleries. The content will include campus beauty, facilities, student life and seasonal scenes.
- Best practices: The dissemination of information on the best practices and approaches relating to content, navigation and usability.
- Policy: The development of policies to govern the CMS, which will include regular communication with users on their experience managing sites within the CMS.
- Exceptions and initiatives: The approval or disapproval of requests for delayed adoption, modified use or exemption from the CMS, and for proposals for additions, deletions or modifications to the CMS templates and governance.
- Communications: Public Affairs and Information Technology will share responsibility for communication with the university community on how to use the CMS.
Information Technology is responsible for:
- Templates: Creation of templates designed and approved by Public Affairs. KU IT has created templates specific to key content categories.
- Access: Manage the certification of approved users and provide secure access to the CMS.
- Training: Provide free in-class and online training for Content Contributors, Content Editors and Site Administrators.
- Security and Support: Provide system administration, security and other technical support for the CMS.